Data & equipment
For around four decades, the two letters RT have been synonymous with comfortable travel and touring at the highest level. The BMW R 1250 RT combines comfortable touring with sporty dynamics and sophisticated technology. Find out all about the technical data and equipment here.
Two-cylinder, air-/fluid-cooled, four-stroke boxer engine with two overhead spur-gear driven camshafts, one balancer shaft and BMW ShiftCam variable intake camshaft control.
4” x 3”
136 HP at 7,750 rpm
105 lbs-ft. at 6,250 rpm
Electronic port fuel injection, digital engine control: BMS-O with throttle by wire
Closed-loop three-way catalytic converter
Mileage / consumption
over 124 mph
Three-phase generator with 508-watt nominal capacity
12 V / 11.8 Ah
Wet clutch with an anti-hopping function, hydraulic activation
Six-speed helical synchromesh gearbox
Suspension / brakes
Two-part frame concept consisting of a main frame and a rear frame bolted to it, with a co-supporting engine
BMW Motorrad Telelever, central spring strut, standard diameter 37 mm
Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever, WAD spring strut, spring preload continuously and hydraulically adjustable via adjuster knob, adjustable rebound-stage damping via adjuster knob
4.7" / 5.4"
3.50 x 17"
5.50 x 17”
120/70 ZR 17
180/55 ZR 17
Twin disc brake, floating discs, diameter 12.6", four-piston radial brake calipers
Single disc brake, diameter 10.9", double-piston floating caliper
BMW Motorrad full integral ABS Pro (full integral braking, lean optimized)
Dimensions / weights
31.7" / 32.5" (SE high seat: 32.7" / 33.5", low seat: 29.9" / 30.7")
71.3" / 72.8" (SE high seat: 73.8"/ 75.4", SE low seat: 68.5:" / 70.1")
approx. 1 gal.
Min. 57.5", max. 61.8"
(Style Sport: min. 53.5", max. 58.3")
1) According to Guideline (EU) 168/2013 with all operating fluids, with standard equipment and refuelled with min. 90% of the usable tank capacity.
- 10.25-inch color TFT instrument cluster with connectivity and integrated map navigation
- BMW Motorrad full integral ABS Pro
- DCC (Dynamic Cruise Control with braking function)
- Full-LED headlights
- Four programmable favorite buttons
- DTC (Dynamic Traction Control)
- 3 Ride Modes (ECO, Rain and Road)
- HSC (Hill Start Control)
- Adaptive headlight
- ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control with radar sensor)
- Charging compartment (inductive charging and USB)
- Dynamic ESA (Electronic Suspension Adjustment with load compensation)
- Keyless Ride
- Central locking system
- Seat heating
- TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitor System)
- Ride Modes Pro (driving mode dynamic and HSC Pro, dynamic engine brake control, dynamic brake control DBC)
- Option 719 billet packs
- Option 719 wheels
- Sports silencer
- LED additional headlights
- Seat variants
- Top case
- Tank bag
- BMW Motorrad Navigator